This Privacy and Security Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to information collected by TopBeautySupply.com. TopBeautySupply.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers ("Customers," or "you"). We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded.
Information is collected from Customers by TopBeautySupply.com through the use of the TopBeautySupply.com web site. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by TopBeautySupply.com. By visiting the TopBeautySupply.com web site, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
A. TRUSTe CERTIFICATION
TopBeautySupply.com is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to build user's trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. When you visit a Web site displaying the TRUSTe trustmark, you can expect to be notified of the following: what personally identifiable information of yours is collected; what organization is collecting the information; how the information is used; with whom the information may be shared; what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information; what kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under the company's control; and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for TopBeautySupply.com. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact TopBeautySupply.com by E-mail at admin@TopBeautySupply.com. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe http://truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with the web site to resolve your concerns.
B. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to provide you with products of interest to you and to continually improve your shopping experience on TopBeautySupply.com, we collect information about our Customers in a variety of ways. In some cases, TopBeautySupply.com asks Customers directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as Customers are using the TopBeautySupply.com web site. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of the features we offer. TopBeautySupply.com is the sole owner of information collected on the TopBeautySupply.com web site. The following is a summary of the kinds of information TopBeautySupply.com collects:
1. Active Collection.
TopBeautySupply.com collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with TopBeautySupply.com or use certain TopBeautySupply.com services or features. This type of information includes:
- Order form. Contact information, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on the TopBeautySupply.com web site. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the Customer.
- Demographic information such as zip code.
- Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and e-mail address.
- Information provided in connection with discussions on bulletin boards, in chat rooms, and in messaging or other interactive services.
- Information provided in e-mail requests and communications.
- Information from other sources. In order to personalize our service by providing better product recommendations or special offers we may think will interest you, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. In addition, we may acquire customer names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using the TopBeautySupply.com web site. It is important to note that TopBeautySupply.com must store this information in order to ensure its Customers receive optimal service while using TopBeautySupply.com services. This type of information includes:
a. Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track member usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the TopBeautySupply.com web site.
TopBeautySupply.com also uses Third Parties to provide services to you on behalf of TopBeautySupply.com, and in doing so they must set cookies on the site. For example, we use a Third Party to provide web analytic services which allows TopBeautySupply.com to track website usage statistics and checkout information. Such Third Party Cookies are used to:
- Store session state information
- Authenticate Customers
- Help customize content delivery
- Provide context-sensitive help
- Protect Web site security and login time-outs
For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser's Options or Preferences menu.
c. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs are tied to Customers' personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Also, clear gifs, which may be set by a third party, are used on pages to track sales, which may result from our Internet advertising campaigns and banner advertisements appearing on other web sites. In order to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, aggregate data pertaining to the dollar amount spent, items purchased, and campaign the customer responded to, is sent to third party servers for the purpose of tracking which sales resulted from specific advertising campaigns and to track conversion sales coming from banner advertisements. No individually identifiable data is sent to third party servers, only data that reflects that a sale occurred. If Customers would like to opt-out of these e-mails, they should see the Opt-out section.
C. HOW DOES TOPBEAUTYSUPPLY.COM USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
TopBeautySupply.com endeavors to strictly adhere to state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, TopBeautySupply.com may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our web site. For example, Customers will receive a welcome e-mail, e-mail newsletters, and customized content, and they may receive an update when TopBeautySupply.com has new product features or enhancements or other news to relay to our Customers.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill Customer orders in connection with purchases of products offered by TopBeautySupply.com.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
D. HOW DOES TOPBEAUTYSUPPLY.COM COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS?
TopBeautySupply.com would like to communicate with its Customers when we have new products or services we feel are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from TopBeautySupply.com, you will receive the following types of communications:
- Special Offers and Updates. Established Customers will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals or coupons. Out of respect for the privacy of our Customers, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice/Opt-out section.
- Customer Service. We communicate with Customers on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via e-mail or phone, in accordance with the Customer's wishes.
E. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. TopBeautySupply.com discloses information you provide to us as described below.
- Third party intermediaries. We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Customers with goods or services. Such service providers may include, without limitation, product suppliers in order to fulfill orders, credit card processing and shipping companies. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to TopBeautySupply.com. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which TopBeautySupply.com disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
- We also share aggregated demographic information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants, advertisers and other partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Business transitions. In the event that TopBeautySupply.com goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Customers' personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For more information, see our Notification of Changes section below.
- TopBeautySupply.com will also disclose personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill our service obligations or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site, to respond to any claims, or protect the rights of TopBeautySupply.com and its Customers and the public. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to sensitive data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information and individually identifiable information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign.
- Information with your consent. Other than as described above, you will receive notice when information about you may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The following outlines different types of security procedures TopBeautySupply.com has in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
1. Identification and Authentication
Access to the data is assigned to specific individuals in order to maintain strict control over access. We do not grant general access to data within TopBeautySupply.com and, except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, access to data is not granted to parties outside TopBeautySupply.com. We also verify the identity of the persons accessing the data by using a login name and password. In addition, login session times-out after a period of time to prevent unauthorized use.
2. Authorization and Access Control
Only authorized personnel have access to restricted data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign.
3. Data Confidentiality
TopBeautySupply.com uses 128-bit encryption and a security firewall to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
4. Data Integrity and Retention
We implement full database backups to establish data consistency and integrity. We also grant Customers access to their information in order to verify that the data is still accurate and has not been modified or corrupted.
Data are stored on our secure server and backed up to tape. Such data are stored to the extent required by state, federal and local laws. Our web servers are located in a secure and environmentally controlled room/location. Backups are automated and scheduled using industry-standard net backup software and backup tapes are continuously stored in a secure location off-site.
TopBeautySupply.com may offer links to other web sites. Please be aware that TopBeautySupply.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Customers to be aware of this when they leave TopBeautySupply.com.com and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by TopBeautySupply.com.
H. UNSOLICITED E-MAIL (SPAM)
I. SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time, our site requests information from Customers via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (zip code) or your name and e-mail address. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the TopBeautySupply.com Web site.
TopBeautySupply.com.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use TopBeautySupply.com.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
K. CHOICE/OPT OUT
TopBeautySupply.com gives Customers the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications from TopBeautySupply.com by replying to Unsubscribe in the subject line via e-mail at Info@TopBeautySupply.com. For example, Customers may wish to opt-out of having their information used for information directly related to TopBeautySupply.com's products and services.
L. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
To assure that the information collected is accurate and up-to-date, TopBeautySupply.com allows Customers to edit and update their information through the TopBeautySupply.com web site. The TopBeautySupply.com web site allows Customers to access and correct any inaccuracies in the information submitted online. Customers may also email Info@TopBeautySupplystore.com if they have questions or concerns about the accuracy of their information.
M. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
N. ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with the TopBeautySupply.com web site, or wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:Email: Info@TopBeautySupplystore.com
542 Berlin Cross Keys Road
Suite # 3-329
Sicklerville, NJ 08081